Sunday, July 10, 2011

Double D...eLind

    It was an excellent weekend for work.  Friday I finished the flooring in the utility room and the last foot of the dining room.  Saturday morning Doug showed up to work with me, and progress was indeed made.  With two people at it the SOB spots (in most every room) I had left undone because they were small spaces, needed to be done by hand, poor quality subfloor, etc.  were finished by noon.  Noon as it was turned out to be the perfect time to break and borrow a table saw from my neighbor.  Once we got it set up and calibrated it worked amazingly well.  Saturday ended with only about 100 sqft left to go.
    With the goal of finishing all the flooring Doug and I hit up sunday morning.  Once we ran out of the lumber from the sawmill out of Saginaw things got a bit harry (L. Liquidators has some shitty quality).  Instead of having straight rows set ready to be nailed it took a lot of effort to remove the gaps.  Doug would hammer a screwdriver into the subfloor and then jack it against a filler board to pressure the row into line while the staples were being put in.  Despite the heat we got into a mind set of not letting it beat us.  Now I generally don't let things beat me, and I can say that is exhibited exponentially more with my dad, but when both of us are at it hell or high water wont stop something from getting done.  Flooring as it turns out has nothing on either hell or high water, we finished the installation around four this afternoon and called it a day. 

Lynch's Handy work 
Dining Room finished

Study/spare bedroom finished 

Creepin in the background

Master Bedroom finished 

Smatz Brothers 
Hallway no longer ugly

Finishing the hallway

In action 

Flooring Is finished

Utility room finished

No comments:

Post a Comment