Monday, February 15, 2010

Raising the Floors

With a composite beam of three 2x10 boards and basement jacks the first floor was stabilized and more or less leveled. Since this took much less time than anticipated various ceilings, walls, and trim were removed. After the last dumpster load of material ripped out of the house I mentioned to Doug that "It really wasn't possible to tear more things out of the place" I was distinctively mistaken. Since I cannot get a burning permit for my scrap wood getting rid of it is quite slow and another dumpster may be on the horizon. Hopefully by the first few warm days of spring the whole place will be framed, just in time for my home tax credit which will be probably used to pay an electrician. The goal is to have it more or less done and liveable by October 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment